CASE Consultants were appointed by Sovereign Housing Association / Leadbitter Group to act as Civil & Structural engineering consultants on this flagship eco residential scheme. Work began on site in October 2010 and is due for completion towards the end of 2013.
The scheme involves the construction of 144 houses and apartments with a mix of shared ownership, rental properties and houses for open market sale. Each affordable home will meet the Code for Sustainable Homes Level 4 or 5 and incorporates a range of sustainable features.
The site is steeply sloping and is located adjacent to a historic land fill site which created numerous engineering challenges during development of the scheme design.
CASE Consultants have provided engineering design services relating to the following key areas of the project:
- Drainage design and technical submission for Section 104 Agreement.
- Highways design and technical submission for Section 38 Agreement.
- Design of substructures, including piled foundations and retaining walls.
- Design of the concrete transfer “podium” structures supporting the multi storey apartments over the new car parking areas.
- Design of superstructure for the new housing.
- Contract Value £18.0m